Civic Theatre Tallaght
The Civic Theatre’s mission is to mount an artistic and challenging programme of contemporary and classical Irish and international work in theatre, dance, opera and music for the community of South Dublin County and environs.
OUR ARTISTIC POLICY
The Civic Theatre stands for CREATIVE * INSPIRING * VIBRANT * INNOVATIVE * COMPELLING.
Its artistic policy is:
- Creative: To present an artistic and challenging programme of contemporary and classical Irish and international work in theatre, dance, opera and music.
- Inspiring: To give an artistic voice and opportunities to young theatre artists and help them learn about theatre in a hands-on way through our Tenderfoot programme.
- Vibrant: To provide a welcoming and friendly venue for the community of South Dublin County and environs.
- Innovative: To produce and co-produce new writing by emerging and established artists and support their development by providing rehearsal space, an artistic sounding board and administrative support and guidance.
- Compelling: To offer a compelling, broad, diverse selection of productions at affordable prices to satisfy a wide audience.
See more at https://www.civictheatre.ie/.
The Civic Theatre is located in Tallaght at the end of the Luas red line, at the north side of The Square Shopping Centre and beside South Dublin County Council headquarters and the County Library. Our venue has loads to offer patrons, whether it’s theatre, music, dance, opera or comedy. We strive to provide a varied programme to suit all. See more at https://www.civictheatre.ie/about-us/our-venue/.
We have two performance spaces, the main auditorium and the Loose End studio. We named the smaller studio space the Loose End for the Civic’s terrific location at the last stop of the Luas red line. The larger main auditorium can seat 282 people and the Loose End can seat up to 70 people.
Our venue has a great restaurant on-site called the Interval Bistro, which serves breakfast, lunch and pre-theatre menus. It’s a lovely peaceful haven to enjoy coffees, pastries and complimentary wifi away from the hustle and bustle.
There are two foyer spaces in the venue. In the upstairs foyer we have a collection of art works on loan from the Alternative Entertainments collection. The collection includes a mix of acrylic on canvas and prints by Hugh McCarthy, Margaret Becker, Louise Ward, Cathy Callan, Brian Maguire, Dave Stephenson, Sheila Gorman, Geraldine O’Reilly, Gerard Cox, Niall Flaherty and Jackie Asqew.
Other pieces of permanent art include the beautiful etched glass work by Fiona Murphy which can be found on the right-hand side of the lobby as you enter the venue, including a keyhole view of the courtyard outside. Above the box office you can see a three-part sculptural piece from artist Maighread Tobin.
The Interval Bistro serves quality fresh breakfast, lunch and dinner from 10am – 7.30pm daily. A full bar service is available at the Interval Bistro before a show and during the interval. Patrons can pre-order their drinks before the performance. A pre-theatre menu is available before every performance – €16 for two courses or three courses for €20.00.
See more at: www.civictheatre.ie/about-us/bar-and-restaurant/.