Ballymount Park — sometimes referred to as Newlands Cemetery — is a small park in south Dublin. Along the western boundary of Ballymount, there are the ruins of Ballymount Castle, built in 1622. The original name give to the area was Bellamount (“beautiful mount”) in reference to the pre-existing mound (Bronze Age grave).
The park and soccer pitches are under the management of South Dublin County Council. There are two football pitches in Ballymount Park. The park also has one GAA pitch which is used by St Kevin’s/St Killian’s GAA club. Both Kingswood FC and Kingswood Castle FC play their home games in Ballymount Park.
Sports facilities, walking/jogging and picnic.
Sports & playing pitches, exercise equipment.
Please note that for operational reasons, the car parks are closed in sequence. Some car parks therefore close in advance of the official closing time. Where the closing time varies from the official closing time, the earlier time is prominently displayed at the entrance to the car park.
Free car parking available.